The Rutherglen Gourmet Amble
(This is not available from July 15th to July 31st -Annual Leave)
Take a walk/ride/drive on the ‘East’ side for a leisurely, progressive, sensory regional feast!
- Hire a bike or take a hike
- Visit two of Rutherglen’s best boutique wineries
- Pick up a gourmet charcuterie platter
- Grab a picnic table at the region’s most popular fine dining restaurant
- Check out a Rutherglen architectural icon
- Trip length is a leisurely 5km
- Cost $75 per person not including bike hire
- The Rutherglen Wine Experience
- Hire a bike and get your bearings.
- Anderson Winery
- Amble to Andersons for a tasting of Howard and Christobelle Anderson’s range of fabulous, limited edition, hand-crafted wines.
- Collect your charcuterie platter, a glass of sparkling wine, perch yourself under a giant gumtree and marvel at the beauty of their vineyard.
- Jones Winery & Vineyard.
- Next it is on to Jones Winery & Vineyard - one of the oldest and smallest wineries in Victoria, dating back to 1860.
- Pop into the charming cellar door for a tasting of their award-winning wines.
- Wander through the adjoining gallery, showcasing local arts and crafts.
- Continue your gourmet experience with a fresh, seasonal and French inspired dish from the Jones Winery Restaurant kitchen - perfectly matched with a glass of Estate grown wine.
- Then pick up your portable dessert to be enjoyed at your next stop.
- The Big Wine Bottle.
- A little uphill amble to one of Rutherglen's most iconic landmarks. The Rutherglen Wine Bottle stands atop one of Rutherglen’s highest points and offers some breathtaking views across the distant mountain ranges.
- Take in the view while you savour your scrumptious dessert and sip on a special dessert wine from Jones Winery & Vineyard.
Then when you’re done, it is a simple downhill trip back to the centre of the township.
Cost is $75 per person for three courses with matching wines. All food is prepared by Jones Winery Restaurant. Bike hire not included.
Bookings must be made 24 hours in advance by calling Jones Winery & Vineyard on 02 6032 8496 or online. Bike Hire tel : 02 6033 6306 or email email@example.com